There are many advantages to choosing a cruise for your next vacation. A cruise allows you to visit multiple countries within one trip, without having to worry about lugging your baggage wherever you go. Cruise lines offer a variety of activities for all ages on board, such as theatres, shopping, casinos, swimming pools and discos. At each port, you have the option of staying on board, or participating in a shore excursion including snorkeling, diving and day tours. Going on a cruise can be a life changing experience.
Royal Caribbean International
Carnival Cruise Lines
Holland America Line
Norwegian Cruise Line
Disney Cruise Line
Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Seabourn Cruise Line
The most important decision to make when going on a cruise is deciding which of the thousands of cruise lines/ships to choose from.
Ask yourself these questions to help you decide which cruise is best for you.
1. What is your budget?
2. Who will travel:a group, couple or single?
3. How much time do you have to cruise?
4. Are there any ports you wish to visit?
5. Where would you prefer to board?
6. What shore excursions interest you?
7. What type of cabin do you prefer?
Answering these questions will help you to determine which cruise is best for you.
One of the most exciting parts of a Caribbean cruise is the stop at each port of call. This enables you to experience the different cultures and activities of each island. Some popular offshore excursions include: Scuba diving or snorkelling, kayaking, sightseeing tours, shopping tours, animal encounters and adventure sports. Be sure to book your excursions early because they fill up fast, and remember all offshore excursions cost extra!
- You get to visit multiple destinations in one trip, without having to pack your bags
- You know the entire cost of the trip in advance
- A variety of onboard and onshore activities make cruising fun for everyone
- There is a variety of food options to choose from and food is available 24 hours a day
- Cruises are great opportunities to meet new people
- You only have a limited amount of time to explore each destination
- There is always a possibility of getting seasick on your trip
- Extra costs, such as onshore excursions, spa treatments, alcoholic beverages and gift shops can add up
- You are restricted by the meals offered on the cruise
- You must adhere to the schedule set by the cruise line